How long has the job been open?
What are the opportunities for advancement ?
What are you looking for in the employee you hire?
When will you be making a hiring decision?
How many people are you looking to fill this position?
How many positions are open?
What is the projected start date?
- Arrive a few minutes early.
- Dress appropriately
- Review your resume before the interview
- Learn as much as possible about the company
- Have several questions in mind
- Make regular eye contact
- Know your acceptable salary wage
- Be courteous
- Be attentive
- Thank the interviewer
- Practice before the interviewer
- Sit until asked to do so
- Ramble on
- Dwell on the negatives
- Criticize your former employers
- Close the door on future opportunities
- Undersell or over-kill
- Begin by asking about salary
- Fail to show interest
- Forget to follow up