Steps you should take the day before your Interview:
- Do make sure your wardrobe is spotless.
- Do have backup clothes that are clean and pressed.
- Do read a recap about the company you are interviewing with.
- Do reread your resume.
- Do reread your cover letter.
- Do make sure you know the name and title of the interviewer.
- Do review interview questions that seem most important to the interview.
- Do breathe deeply. Express your emotions. Arrive at an internal calmness.
- Do have a mint you can suck in the back of your mouth.
Don’t let the following things occur during the interview:
- Don’t chew gum.
- Don’t bite your fingernails.
- Don’t file your fingernails.
- Don’t pick your teeth.
- Don’t pick your nose.
- Don’t scratch improperly.
- Don’t cover your mouth when speaking.
- Don’t wear sunglasses. The most important don’t:
DON’T BE LATE!
If you are late, you’ve shown disregard and disrespect for the interviewer’s time. You’ve shown that you don’t care about giving yourself all the time allocated for you to give a full presentation, perhaps suggesting that you won’t be on time with clients. Maybe you’ll arrive late for work each morning. Are you really able to handle the best assignments or should they be given to somebody else?
Avoid all of these negative perceptions. Be on time.