Paloma Valley High School
Work Experience Education Program
- Counselor pre-register students during Spring semester for fall classes.
- WEE Coordinator conducts open enrollment throughout year.
- Students must be Juniors or Seniors and at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Students must have a 2.0 (GPA)
- Students must have a legal job open for public access at a stationary location with business hours posted.
- Student’s employers must provide Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Students must not have a negative Behavior record.
- Students must have a good attendance record (80%).
- Students must attend weekly- related class instruction, complete homework assignments, class projects, submit weekly time sheets and submit paycheck stubs at the beginning of each month.
- Students enrolled in the class during first semester, are required to stay in the class the entire year unless their schedule indicates a semester only or extenuating circumstances.
- Counselor notifies WEE Coordinator when a student expresses a desire to drop the class.
- WEE Coordinator contacts parent and meets with student for the exit interview.
- WEE Coordinator notifies counselor after the exit interview to give student’s status: To drop or not to drop.
- If the decision is made to drop the student from the class, the following must take place:
- Must cancel WEE permit and issue a Regular work permit.
- Must contact the employer via letter or visit to inform and explain the changes.