- The Paloma Valley High School Media Center is located in the center of the campus in Building A – between the Counseling Office and A129, our campus MakerSpace room.
- Our Library Media Technician, Mrs. Martin is available to assist with your research, library book and textbook needs. The goal of our media center is to encourage our students to take advantage of the various methods of research to aid in their studies and to encourage the enjoyment of reading.
- In 2011/2012 the Media Center received a $5000 grant from Lowe’s Home Improvement store for a Media Center Makeover! This grant money gave the Media Center a beautiful Reading Lounge for students to enjoy while reading a favorite book! Along with that, several new and popular books were purchased to further aid in our quest to encourage the love of leisure reading.
- In addition to library books and reference materials, we offer audio books in easy to use “playaway” format, a small selection of graphic novels (books set in a comic book format) and we recently added ebooks. Our media center also offers 3 Apple computers to help students complete their research and homework assignments.
- To further meet the needs of our students, the Perris Union High School District is a 1:1 Chromebook district that also offers free wireless WiFi internet connection throughout all district campuses. To accommodate the high technology need, Paloma Valley has put in place the first district “Scholar Bar” that is located in our media center. Staffed by district IT, our site Tech Coach and several student Peer Tech Tutors, this is where staff and students can come for all their chromebook and software needs and issues.
- The Media Center offers an electronic card catalog station that you can utilize to search all current library titles and their information. You can also access the card catalog system online from any device that has internet connection – In the Student Resources page, locate and click on “Tools & Resources”, next, locate and click on the “Destiny” icon. If you login to the Destiny program (same login and password as everything else), you can also see everything checked out to you and your fines from the Media Center.
- The Media Center hours are: Mondays & Fridays 7:10 AM until 3:25 PM and Tuesday to Thursday 7:10 AM until 3:25 PM. Students are required to have a valid pass from their teacher when entering the MC during scheduled class time. The definition of a valid pass means that it contains the following information: Date, Time or Period, Student’s Name, Teacher’s Signature.
- Lastly, please remember that a student ID card is needed to checkout textbooks, library books and chromebooks.
If you have any questions, you can contact…
- Phone: 951.672.6030, ext. 22128
- FAX: 951.672.6037
- Email: email@example.com
“A room without books is like a body without a soul” - Cicero
FYI: There are two (2) libraries on our campus. Aside from our school library/media center, there is also a Riverside County Public Library. It is located at the front entrance of our school, to the left of the Student Parking Lot. This is a public library therefore open to all community members. They offer extended hours after school, but are closed on Fridays. They do not checkout textbooks for our campus, nor do they collect PVHS books. A patron must have a valid Riverside County Public Library Card to utilize their services. Please do not return any of your school library or textbooks to the Public Library or place them in their drop-off box. All school checkouts must be returned to the campus media center.
If you would like more information on the Riverside County Public Library - Paloma Valley Branch, please
If you have ever wondered where the nearest Riverside County Branch Libraries are located, a list has been compiled for you. Please note that each library’s days and hours of operation are subject to change. It is suggested that you call the library you wish to visit before making the drive to their location.
Local Libraries Directory
Help us develop our library WISH LIST!!! We are looking to expand our titles in the near future and need student help. Please print out and fill in the survey then return it to the Media Center at your earliest convenience. Tell us about some of your favorite books and series that you have read and you would love to see available in our media center! Heard of any good book reviews lately?? If you know of some great new books out there make sure you add them to the list! Together we can fill our library with the best YA book collection in Southwestern Riverside County!!
The PVHS Media Center offers after school tutoring for all of our students. Tutoring assistance is given by fellow PVHS Wildcat students who are members of our AP program, CSF (California Scholarship Federation) or NHS (National Honor Society). There is also a supervising teacher available. Please open the file to view a run down of our program.
Tutoring is available every week, Monday through Thursday, except on minimum days. Should there be a change, we will do our best to inform students by way of PA system and/or notices posted on main media center doors.
(Please note that days/times are subject to change or become canceled due to unforeseen circumstances)
Online library with books, journals, newspapers, magazines, and guides to writing research papers.
The Library of Congress is the nation’s oldest federal cultural institution and serves as the research arm of Congress. It is also the largest library in the world, with more than 130 million items on approximately 530 miles of bookshelves. The collections include more than 29 million books and other printed materials, 2.7 million recordings, 12 million photographs, 4.8 million maps, and 58 million manuscripts.
More than 30 Federal agencies formed a working group in 1997 to make hundreds of Federally supported teaching and learning resources easier to find. The result of that work is the FREE web site.
Welcome to the U.S. government interagency Kids’ Portal. This site was developed and is maintained by the Federal Citizen Information Center. It provides links to Federal kids’ sites along with some of the best kids’ sites from other organizations all grouped by subject. Explore, learn, have fun and don’t forget to add us to your favorites!